For the best and most reliable BJJ classes in Long Island, we invite you to Kioto Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Our academy mixes traditional BJJ with its more modern takes, pursuing efficiency and reliability in any combat scenario.
The most effective BJJ classes
With so many different Jiu-Jitsu academies, finding the right one is anything but easy. We offer a different approach to fitness and combat arts at our Long Island MMA and fitness center. If you’re never practiced any combat sport, even at a beginner’s level, here is what you will learn from our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu on Long Island:
- Effective self-defense – It’s no doubt that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is one of the world’s most reliable combat systems. It relies on closing the gap between you and the attacker, establishing control, and applying a submission for the finish. It may seem straightforward enough in theory, but it’s incredibly complex and detailed in practice. BJJ is an ever-evolving self-defense mechanism that helps physically weaker and smaller individuals dominate larger, more powerful opponents via technique alone.
- How to cope with stress – Combat stress is a natural human reaction responsible for the fight-or-flight response. Controlling your emotions is critical in such cases since it will allow you to manage the situation with a clear mind. Our classes for BJJ in Long Island, NY, teach calmness and self-control as weapons to use in high-stress situations to turn the tides in your favor.
- How to cope with loss – The saying “We’re not born to be humble, we’re born to be humbled” applies in BJJ better than anywhere else. Breaking your spirit is part of the BJJ experience, as it will teach you humility and respect and, ultimately, establishes a hierarchy based on honor and knowledge. Our Jiu-Jitsu classes will teach you how to cope with losses since you will invariably lose time and again when going against more experienced practitioners. Breaking your ego is part of the BJJ process, and it will help you grow stronger, both physically and mentally.
Online vs. in-class BJJ
If you’re looking to learn Jiu-Jitsu, we recommend looking for places to train on Long Island. Online classes are close to useless when it comes to learning a self-defense system as intricate and flexible as BJJ. To learn this combat system effectively, you need three things that online classes will never be able to provide:
- A Jiu-Jitsu master to teach you and correct your mistakes during the session
- A partner to work with
- Live sparring sessions against resisting opponents
These three things lie at the foundation of our BJJ classes in Long Island, allowing you to master the system faster and more effectively than any online class ever will. If you’re interested in testing our Jiu-Jitsu system, we welcome you to our academy for a free class whenever you feel ready.
You can contact our Master Francisco Mansor at (631) 589-0459 to ask for information about our classes and other aspects that might interest you. Join our BJJ family and learn how to become a better fighter today!
Oakdale NY 11769