Here are a few of the technical penalties that we follow from the IBJJF rulebook.
• When an athlete’s gi is rendered unusable and he/she is unable to exchange it for a new one within a period of time
stipulated by the referee.
• When an athlete deliberately flees the match area to avoid submitting to a submission hold applied by his/her opponent.
• When an athlete is not wearing an undergarment under his/her gi and this fact comes to the referee’s attention.
• In the Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi, when an athlete applies creams, oils, gels or any slippery substance to any part of the body.
• When an athlete applies a hold prohibited for his/her respective division, as indicated in the table below